- Nissan's new sedan concept captures prestigious honour from the officially-sanctioned design awards of the North Ame
- rican International Auto Show (NAIAS); also receives award for Best Innovative use of Colour, Graphics and Materials
- Vmotion 2.0 was created to showcase Nissan's new sedan design direction – fresh, dynamic and cabin-focused
- Showcases the evolution of the signature "V-motion" front design seen on many of today'sNissan products
- Provides hints at the future of "Nissan Intelligent Mobility," including a future vision forProPILOT functionality, one which allows autonomous driving on urban roads and inintersections with the latest HMI
- VIDEO: Nissan Vmotion 2.0 wins EyesOn Design ward: https://youtu.be/5HIrNholHWs
- VIDEO: Nissan unveils the Vmotion 2.0 Concept: https://youtu.be/LgGaKetfoHI
- VIDEO: Introducing the Nissan Vmotion 2.0 Concept: https://youtu.be/sd88UvV1154
DETROIT, USA – Vmotion 2.0, a concept vehicle showcasing Nissan's new sedan design direction, is the winner of the 2017 EyesOn Design Award for Best Concept Vehicle. The concept vehicle also received the award for Best Innovative Use of Colour, Graphics and Materials. The announcement was made Tuesday at the 2017 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) EyesOn Design Awards ceremony, just a day after the vehicle's global debut.
One of the premier awards in transportation design, the EyesOn Design Awards – selected by a panel of design leaders from around the globe – honour the best production and concept vehicles making their worldwide auto show debut in Detroit.
"Vmotion 2.0 offers a stunning look into the future of Nissan design – fresh and dynamic, yet cabin-focused," said Mamoru Aoki, executive design director, Nissan Global Design Strategy, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. "This prestigious award, earned from top design leaders from around the world, exemplifies the enormous potential of Nissan's newest design direction. We're honoured to be here and excited to continue to show the world the limitless capability of Nissan design."
Nissan Vmotion 2.0 is the evolution of the "V-motion" front design signature seen on many of today's Nissan products. The award-winning vehicle colour, Silver Copper, is a unique blend of copper and other metals, creating a layered effect with different hues and reflections in different angles.
"In our never-ending quest for perfection, over 100 attempts were made to get this colour just right," said Nicole Fonseca, senior colour and materials designer, Nissan Design America, Inc. "On our 101st try – our magic number, apparently – we discovered the perfect blend of copper, silver and other metals to create this beautiful, multi-layered paint. Thank you to EyesOn Design for this distinguished award – what an excellent testament to the future of Nissan design."
About Nissan Motor Co.
Nissan is a global full-line vehicle manufacturer that sells more than 60 models under the Nissan, Infiniti and Datsun brands. In fiscal year 2015, the company sold more than 5.4 million vehicles globally, generating revenue of 12.2 trillion yen. Nissan engineers, manufactures and markets the world's best-selling all-electric vehicle in history, the Nissan LEAF. Nissan's global headquarters in Yokohama, Japan manages operations in six regions: ASEAN & Oceania; Africa, Middle East & India; China; Europe; Latin America and North America. Nissan has been partnered with French manufacturer Renault since 1999 and Mitsubishi Motors since 2016 under the Alliance.
For more information please visit:
Nissan Australia YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/NissanAustralia
Nissan Australia Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Nissan_Aus
Nissan Australia Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/NissanAustralia
Nissan Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Nissan
NISMO Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NISMO
NISMO Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/NISMO
NISMO Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/NISMO
Nissan Global Newsroom: https://newsroom.nissan-global.com